Etykiety

czwartek, 18 października 2012

Hero Solider Firefight In Afghanistan !!



A wild video reportedly shows an unnamed U.S. 
soldier and his squad engaging in a machine gun fight with Taliban 
insurgents in Afghanistan — all captured by the soldiers helmet cam. The
video also shows that same soldier risking his life and heroically 
drawing fire away from his fellow soldiers so they could get to safety.



According to the description of the video, the soldier and his squad 
were doing "recon" and intelligence gathering outside a village in the 
hyper-violent Kunar Province of Afghanistan when they were pelted with 
heavy machine gun fire from Taliban insurgents.
After seeing that his entire squad was "pinned down," the soldier 
exposed himself "to draw fire so my squad could get to safety." He was 
reportedly shot four times."I got a hit a total of 4 times. My helmet cam died and i made it 
down the mountain on my own. I was also hit in the side of my helmet and
my eye pro was shot off of my face. We were doing overwatch on the 
village to recon and gather intel. I was point heading down the face of 
the hill with the LT. when we got hit. the rest of the squad was pinned 
down by machine gun fire. I didn't start the video until a few mins into
the firefight for obvious reasons. I came out into the open to draw 
fire so my squad could get to safety."
He goes on: "A round struck the tube by my hand of the 203 grenade 
launcher which knocked it out of my hands. When I picked the rifle back 
up it was still functional but the grenade launcher tube had a nice 
sized 7.62 cal bullet hole in it and was rendered useless. "
The video description also says no bullets "penetrated his body armor, and he made it home with no permanent injuries."


Source: youtube.com
 - Nik Gee chanel - 
http://www.youtube.com/channel/UCSEssw-0XfjbnvKqxz0o8LQ/videos?view=0

Brak komentarzy:

Prześlij komentarz